Lunar New Year is coming. Let’s make a yummy traditional Chinese “小吃” or dessert. Even better, I made this recipe to be keto friendly, flourless, low carb, and very easy to make. Let’s start!
1. Preheat oven to 350f, bake the following ingredients for 10 ~ 12 minutes, stir in the middle:
– 2/3 cup almond flour
– 1/3 cup hazelnut flour (can replace with walnut flour, almond flour or skip)
– 2tbsp black sesame flour (can skip)
You can also fry these in a pan on low heat.
2. Mix 1 with 1 cup of peanut butter powder. If you want more peanut flavor, increase the amount.
3. Let’s add a bit flavor touch to our dessert. This step is optional, but I love how it goes with the nuts and add a lot of richness to the taste. Again, flexible to replace or skip any:
– 1/4 cup dried cranberries
– 5 ~10 pecans
– 5 pitted dates
– dried osmanthus
Chop or blend in a blender to fine pieces
4. Mix 2 and 3, add 1tbsp honey, 1 tbsp coconut oil, mix well. The texture should be dryish but be able to stick together when you squeeze it in your hand.
5. in a mooncake mold, shape it.
– if you don’t have a mooncake mold, try to be creative or just use your hand to shape it 😅
6. Enjoy it with a cup of tea 🍵