This bread has it all: yummy, healthy and easy! No sugar added, instead I used banana to make it sweet and tasty 😋
This time, I used 2/3 whole wheat and 1/3 bread flour. If you like, you can use only whole wheat or all purpose flour.
* making the dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup bread flour
- 2~3 ripe bananas (your choice, and also depends on the size 🙂)
- 75 ml warm milk, 2tsp instant yeast, let it bloomed (~5 minutes)
- a little pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (o)
- mix and knead well. If too dry, adjust with more milk or water.
- cover and let it rise to 2 times big
* making the filling:
- Here, you can be creative and make tons of flavors, like walnuts, pecans, cranberries, raisins, red beans, etc. I prepared 5 ingredients today (walnuts + pecans, cranberries, dates, sesame) and can mix them to make whatever I like🙂
Making the bread:
- take the dough out, cut to 4 pieces equally
- roll each piece to a ball, and let them rest for 15 minutes
- press the dough with your hand to a rectangle, roll it up, and then flat it toea rectangle again (to create layers)
- spread the filling, like walnuts and cranberries, walnuts and date, etc.
- roll the dough up again, close the two ends, and gently shape it to a ball.
- let it rest and rise for the second time to about 1.5 times big.
- pre-heat oven to 350f
- bake for ~27 minutes (well, interesting time based on mine, adjust accordingly based on yours). Turn the pan around in the middle for even baking.
Ah, the wheat smell is so comfy 😊. The bananas make the bread just sweet enough, and also very moisture! This is the first time I tried to add sesame powder, it turned out super delicious 😋