My little boy helped to clean the house today 😍, and as a deal, I am making him this mango mouse cake.
This is an easy no-bake recipe, and only take ~30 minutes to make. It’s light and fruity, very nice for summer time 👍
- 120g crackers (I used the one below), crushed
- 50g butter, melted
- mix these two well, put in a ~7 inch cake mold, press flat.
- let it cool in the fridge for about half an hour.
- 4 mangos, peel and cut to cubes
- put 3/4 of the mangos, 90 ml milk, 2 tbsb sugar in a blender and blend well. This will get you ~ 400ml mango smoothie.
- 5 gelatin sheets, soak in water for 5 minutes, then use 30ml warm water (< 80°C ) to melt the gelatin sheets, and add it to the mango juice.
- ~250 ml heavy cream, 2tbsp sugar, beat to very soft peaks (don’t over beat). Add it to the mango smoothie and mix well.
- take out the cake base from fridge.
- pour 1/3 of the mango mouse, add some mango cubes
- pour another 1/3 of the mango mouse, add some mango cubes
- pour the rest of mango mouse on top
- refrige for at least 2 hours
- enjoy 🥂