This recipe takes 2~3 days to cure the salmon, but it’s quite simple to make. If you like cured salmon, it’s worth giving it a try.
- 1 lemon, half a grapefruit (opt), squize out the juice and put aside
- sugar: salt 2:1, I used 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4cup salt, a bit lemon zest, a bit grapefruit zest, 1/2 tsp grounded black pepper, half of the juice from the first step, mix well
- salmon pat dry
- put the remaining half portion of the juice on a plate first, then place the salmon, rub the mixture in step 2 on the salmon.
- if you like, you can also cut the lemon and grapefruit skin to small pieces and spread on top (opt)
- wrap it with food wrap, put something heavy on top, and let it chill in the fridge for 1~2 days
⏳Day 2 or 3
- take the salmon out, remove the marinade, wash slightly and pat dry.
- brush honey mustard on top
- chop dill and spread on top
- let it chill in the fridge for one more day
⌛ Day 3 or 4
Ready to enjoy 😋
- slice the salmon to thin slices. Wow, what a beautiful color😍
- you can enjoy it alone, with a cup of wine, make hand sushi roll, put it on bagels, … Your choice 👍